IPE Wood Siding
IPE WOOD SIDING
Ipe Siding is one of the most durable wood siding materials that can you can buy.
Ipe Siding has the same strength and great qualities of our Ipe Decking. Ipe Siding will stand up to the
Ipe Siding/cladding Installation Tips
- Let the Ipe wood siding acclimate to its new environment to prevent abnormal shrinkage/expansion after the installation.
- Must apply a wood sealer or
an oilto the backside of the siding, to prevent cupping, warping and premature aging.
- Use minimum 1” thick furring strips, for a maximum furring/joist span 16
- Always use an end sealer for the end cuts to prevent checking, cupping and splitting or rapid or uneven moisture loss.
- Avoid 45° cuts in the corners as finishing, exposed corners may open or split over time – it’s better to install a finishing corner.
- Use stainless steel screws 2” or longer and hidden fasteners
- To enhance Ipe wood colours you can use an oil or a water repellent UV protector for hardwoods
- Typically, an exposed face of oiled Ipe siding needs to be refreshed every 1 or 2 years, depending on its exposure to the sun’s UV rays.
- Hire an experienced Ipe wood siding installation contractor, e good installer is an experienced one. Ask for similar project references.